If we replace white sugar with healthy natural alternatives, we have already done a lot for our health and well-being. We prepared 3 sweet recipes, especially suitable for Christmas holidays - all of them are sweetened with natural healthy sweeteners and are milk and eggs free.
Recipe 1: Christmas fruit bread
- 2 cups wholewheat flour
- 4 dl almond milk
- ½ cup PlanetBIO coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup PlanetBIO coconut oil
- 1 table spoon ground PlanetBIO chia seeds
- 1 cup dried fruit (figs, plums, raisins, candied fruit, goji berries)
- 1 cup walnut kernels
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- ½ tea spoon baking soda
- 1 tea spoon vanilla powder
- ½ tea spoon cinnamon powder
Preheat the oven to 180°C and line an (elongated) bread pan with baking paper.
In a large bowl, mix almond milk, melted coconut oil and coconut sugar. Stir in the chia seeds and wait a few minutes for them to swell. In the meantime, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Gradually mix dry mixture into the moist mixture. At the very end, add chopped dried fruit and nuts into the dough.
Put the dough into a bread pan and bake at 18°C for appx. 45 minutes.
Receipe 2: Coconut cookies on Christmas morning
- 1 cup wheat or rye flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup PlanetBIO coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup tekočega PlanetBIO coconut oil
- 1 table spoon ground PlanetBIO chia seeds + 3 table spoons of water
- 1/2 tea spoon PlanetBIO guarana
- ½ tea spoon PlanetBIO cocoa
- 1 tea spoon vanilla powder
Preheat the oven to 180°C
First, grind chia seeds and than mix them with water. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix both flours, coconut sugar and vanilla. Finally, add the coconut oil and chia mixture. Mix until you get a smooth mass. Form balls and roll them in coconut sugar. Place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper and flatten each ball lightly with a fork. Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
Recipe 3: New Year's chocolate balls of surprise
Igredients for balls:
- 200 g dates (pit removed)
- ½ cup cashew
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 table spoon PlanetBIO cocoa nibs
- 1 table spoon PlanetBIO cocoa
- 1 table spoon PlanetBO maca powder
- 1 table spoon (melted) PlanetBIO coconut oil
- ½ cup fine grinded coconut flour
- Grated peal of 1 bio orange
- Pinch of vanilla powder
- PlanetBIO goji berries
Ingredients for chocolate coating:
- 100 g dark chocolate
- Coconut oil (if needed)
Finely grind cashew nuts and put them in a bowl. In the same mixer bowl (dont wash it) then grind the dates into a paste (stir until it sticks into a lump and add a tablespoon of water if necessary). Add the rest of ingredients (including ground cashew), except goji berries, into a date paste and mix well. Form balls with your hands or a spoon. Push one goji berry into every second ball and place them in the freezer for 15 minutes while preparing the chocolate coating.
For the chocolate coating, melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over steam. If it is too thick, add 1-2 table spoons of coconut oil. Cover the chilled balls with melted chocolate. Place them on baking paper and sprinkle each with coconut flakes or a sprinkle of your choice. Put them in the fridge until serving.