CHIA SEEDS – 200 g
Why PlanetBIO chia seeds?
Organic certificate. Chia is known as a resistant and healthy plant, but conventional cultivation still uses a lot of pesticides and other potentially harmful substances that come in contact with the seeds during processing. Only organic certificate can ensure that chia plants grow in unpolluted soil, that they are not treated with harmful pesticides and that the seeds are not chemically treated. PlanetBIO chia seeds carry European organic certificate and we further inspect them with our own independent analysis.
From Mexico. PlanetBIO chia seeds grow on organic fields in Mexico, where they originally come from. Aztecs have been cultivating chia long before Columbus and they have been using chia seeds as one of their main energy sources.
Rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Around 20 % of weight and almost 60 % of all fats represent omega-3 fatty acids. This makes chia seeds one of the best plant sources of omega-3. Modern research shows that modern diet does not provide sufficient amounts of this essential fat, while it contains too much omega-6 fats at the same time, creating an unbalance that causes our epidemic of cardiovascular diseases.
Chia (Salvia hispanica) is an annual herb, typically growing in Mexico and Guatemala, reaching up to one metre in height. Its beautiful flowers of white and purple colour grow in clusters, eventually developing into tiny seeds which are coloured anywhere from black to white. It is chia seeds that gave chia its importance, primarily among Aztecs. They cultivated chia as one of their main food crops even before Columbus, using chia seeds as a staple food in medicine and in ritual ceremonies. Today, chia seeds are widely recognised throughout the globe, due to their nutritional value and simplicity to use.
- Good source of dietary fiber
- Good source of omega-3 fatty acids – they are rich in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA ) that contributes to maintaining normal cholesterol levels in the blood. The beneficial effect can be reached with 2 grams of ALA daily, which can be found in 11 grams of chia seeds.
- They swell and triple their volume in liquid
PlanetBIO chia seeds can be used in various ways:
- to increase omega-3 intake, mix them into smoothies or add them to yogurts, cereals, puddings and other meals
- to replace eggs, mix them with water in 1:3 ratio (1 tablespoons chia seeds, 3 tablespoons water) to get chia gel
- chia gel can be used to replace eggs in cakes, cookies and pancakes (1 tablespoon chia gel = 1 egg)
- finely ground chia seeds can be added to flour when baking bread or cakes
- to make chia pudding
Recommended daily dosage: You can consume up to 15 grams of chia seeds daily.
We recommend using them as a part of varied diet and healthy lifestyle.
For more information on shipping costs and minimum order for free shipping, click HERE