Why PlanetBIO camu camu?
Rich source of vitamin C. The fruits are harvested before being fully ripe, when they contain the most vitamin C. They are later dried at temperatures below 45°C to prevents its loss. .
Grown on a sustainable plantation. We only use fruits that have been sustainably cultivated and do not support companies which camu camu is wild harvested.
Following permaculture principles. PlanetBIO camu camu powder has an organic certificate, but our farmers further exceed it by following the principles of permaculture and cooperation with nature.
Camu camu berries are fruits that grow on tropical shrubs (Myrciaria dubia) in the flooded lowlands of the Amazon rainforest. They resemble olives in shape and size, while their colour changes from red-green to dark purple during maturation. Indigenous people of the Amazon harvest them at the peak of the rainy season straight from their canoes and have been using them in traditional medicine for millennia.
What makes camu camu such a popular functional food is its outstanding content of vitamin . Camu camu berries are one of the planet's best sources of this important vitamin which represents 2-3 % of total mass in fresh berries, while PlanetBIO camu camu powder contains 10 % of vitamin C (dry mass). Its content is the highest in unripe fruits. Besides vitamin C, PlanetBIO camu camu powder also contains fiber, protein and no fat
PlanetBIO camu camu comes from Peru, where it is cultivated on a 12-hectares big plantation, following permaculture standards. Sustainable cultivation prevents exploitation of wild growing trees in nature that has a negative impact on natural ecosystem.
PlanetBIO camu camu is harvested from March to June, when fruits are not fully ripe yet – this is when their vitamin C content is at their peak. Fruits are ground and dried under 45°C to prevent the loss of vitamin C. Dried residues are then ground again into a fine powder to get the final product.
Organic certificate meets European standards of organic farming and guarantees that no pesticides or artificial fertilizers are being used. Part of PlanetBIO team has also visited the plantation in Peru, checking the quality of the products with our own eyes.
- Vitamin C - contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones and cartilage, gums, teeth and skin; contributes to normal functioning of the nervous system, normal psychological functions and healthy immune system; it contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, protection of cells from oxidative stress; it increases iron absorption and contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
Recommended daily dosage is ½ teaspoon (1,5 g).
PlanetBIO camu camu can be mixed into fruit or vegetable juices, smoothies and water. Add natural sweetener as needed, such as PlanetBIO coconut sugar.
Is there such a thing as free shipping?
Sure, why not? Here's how it's possible to get your products free of shipping charges.
Do you know the good ol' mantra "Customer is King; we appreciate our customers and would do anything for them" ? Well, it's true for us too, but then again we want the feeling to be mutual. So how can we help each other?
You help us with ordering more than just the minimum order (which is 30 EUR) => to pay the bills, salaries and to grow, offer you more, higher quality, special prices => and we promise to give back to you by not charging the shipping costs.
We're currently shipping to the following countries with the following shipping charges:
- Zone 0 (Slovenia, home country): 5,00 € (well, they are closer...)
- Zone 1 & 2 (Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Croatia): 11,99 €
- Zone 3 (Czech Republic, Slovakia, France, Hungary, Poland, Great Britain, Lithuania): 15,99 €
- Zone 4 (Estonia, Latvia, Romania, Finland, Spain, Sweden): 20,99 €
- Zone 5 (Greece, Ireland, Portugal): 22,99 €
- Zone 6 (Bulgaria): 31,99 €
- Please note: We don't send to Switzerland, Turkey and Norway due to too high costs of transport & customs.
- Unfortunately we don’t offer free shipping for orders from Grand Canary Island and Tenerife.. We are trying our best to find the best solution.
... and we take away that cost if your order:
- Zone 0: over 20,00 €
- Zone 1 & 2: over 60,00 €
- Zone 3: over 80,00 €
- Zone 4 & 5: over 100,00 €
- Zone 6: over 120,00 €
Prices of products vary from as low as 2,49 € and up to 24,99 €, but on average they're around 14€. It's not hard to get total amount up to 100€. You don't have to, but if you do, we take care of the expensive transport.
Now, if you order (Zone 3 for example) for let say 64€, you pay extra 16€ for transporting the goods to your place. Wouldn't you rather top that order with another product of 16+€, and get the whole package without shipping charges? We're basically giving you the products for free and covering the transport fee ourselves, but have the opportunity to grow as a company, since we earn more that way.
How's that for a win-win situation?