Why PlanetBIO chia seeds?
Organic certificate. Chia is known as a resistant and healthy plant, but conventional cultivation still uses a lot of pesticides and other potentially harmful substances that come in contact with the seeds during processing. Only organic certificate can ensure that chia plants grow in unpolluted soil, that they are not treated with harmful pesticides and that the seeds are not chemically treated. PlanetBIO chia seeds carry European organic certificate and we further inspect them with our own independent analysis.
From Mexico. PlanetBIO chia seeds grow on organic fields in Mexico, where they originally come from. Aztecs have been cultivating chia long before Columbus and they have been using chia seeds as one of their main energy sources.
Rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Around 20 % of weight and almost 60 % of all fats represent omega-3 fatty acids. This makes chia seeds one of the best plant sources of omega-3. Modern research shows that modern diet does not provide sufficient amounts of this essential fat, while it contains too much omega-6 fats at the same time, creating an unbalance that causes our epidemic of cardiovascular diseases.
Chia (Salvia hispanica) is an annual herb, typically growing in Mexico and Guatemala, reaching up to one metre in height. Its beautiful flowers of white and purple colour grow in clusters, eventually developing into tiny seeds which are coloured anywhere from black to white. It is chia seeds that gave chia its importance, primarily among Aztecs. They cultivated chia as one of their main food crops even before Columbus, using chia seeds as a staple food in medicine and in ritual ceremonies. Today, chia seeds are widely recognised throughout the globe, due to their nutritional value and simplicity to use.
- Good source of dietary fiber
- Good source of omega-3 fatty acids – they are rich in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA ) that contributes to maintaining normal cholesterol levels in the blood. The beneficial effect can be reached with 2 grams of ALA daily, which can be found in 11 grams of chia seeds.
- They swell and triple their volume in liquid
PlanetBIO chia seeds can be used in various ways:
- to increase omega-3 intake, mix them into smoothies or add them to yogurts, cereals, puddings and other meals
- to replace eggs, mix them with water in 1:3 ratio (1 tablespoons chia seeds, 3 tablespoons water) to get chia gel
- chia gel can be used to replace eggs in cakes, cookies and pancakes (1 tablespoon chia gel = 1 egg)
- finely ground chia seeds can be added to flour when baking bread or cakes
- to make chia pudding
Recommended daily dosage: You can consume up to 15 grams of chia seeds daily.
We recommend using them as a part of varied diet and healthy lifestyle.
Is there such a thing as free shipping?
Sure, why not? Here's how it's possible to get your products free of shipping charges.
Do you know the good ol' mantra "Customer is King; we appreciate our customers and would do anything for them" ? Well, it's true for us too, but then again we want the feeling to be mutual. So how can we help each other?
You help us with ordering more than just the minimum order (which is 30 EUR) => to pay the bills, salaries and to grow, offer you more, higher quality, special prices => and we promise to give back to you by not charging the shipping costs.
We're currently shipping to the following countries with the following shipping charges:
- Zone 0 (Slovenia, home country): 5,00 € (well, they are closer...)
- Zone 1 & 2 (Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Croatia): 11,99 €
- Zone 3 (Czech Republic, Slovakia, France, Hungary, Poland, Great Britain, Lithuania): 15,99 €
- Zone 4 (Estonia, Latvia, Romania, Finland, Spain, Sweden): 20,99 €
- Zone 5 (Greece, Ireland, Portugal): 22,99 €
- Zone 6 (Bulgaria): 31,99 €
- Please note: We don't send to Switzerland, Turkey and Norway due to too high costs of transport & customs.
- Unfortunately we don’t offer free shipping for orders from Grand Canary Island and Tenerife.. We are trying our best to find the best solution.
... and we take away that cost if your order:
- Zone 0: over 20,00 €
- Zone 1 & 2: over 60,00 €
- Zone 3: over 80,00 €
- Zone 4 & 5: over 100,00 €
- Zone 6: over 120,00 €
Prices of products vary from as low as 2,49 € and up to 24,99 €, but on average they're around 14€. It's not hard to get total amount up to 100€. You don't have to, but if you do, we take care of the expensive transport.
Now, if you order (Zone 3 for example) for let say 64€, you pay extra 16€ for transporting the goods to your place. Wouldn't you rather top that order with another product of 16+€, and get the whole package without shipping charges? We're basically giving you the products for free and covering the transport fee ourselves, but have the opportunity to grow as a company, since we earn more that way.
How's that for a win-win situation?