PlanetBIO Sweet Cocoa & Yacon Nibs are a nutritious and delicious sweet snack from only 3 organic ingredients. We have covered organic cocoa nibs of criollo variety in a mixture of 100 % cocoa paste and 100 % yacon syrup that perfectly completes the slightly bitter chocolate taste of cocoa.
Criollo cococa is the rarest and most expensive cocoa on the market, making up for only few percent of the world's cocoa crop. Its aroma is rich, complex and long-lasting. Criollos are particularly difficult to grow, as they are vulnerable to a variety of environmental factors and produce low yields of cocoa per tree. This is the reason why criollo cocoa is so highly valued and respected. .
We at PlanetBIO always make sure that our products are not only 100 % organic, but also meet the highest standards of sustainable farming and fair-trade. We have visited the suppliers of PlanetBIO cocoa in Peru and made sure with our own eyes that our cocoa products are produced in an environment friendly way, with love for the planet and its inhabitants.
Why PlanetBIO cocoa?
Criollo. All PlanetBIO cocoa products come from the criollo type which is known as the best and most prized cocoa on the planet. It has an especially rich and complex aroma that is full of long-lasting flavors. Compared to other types of cocoa, criollo is difficult to cultivate and produces less cocoa, thus it represents onlz 5 % of total world cocoa production. Its cultivation requires more knowledge and care, making criollo products more expensive, but also more flavorful, nutritious and of higher quality.
Visited our suppliers in Peru. Nina and Gregor visited Peru in 2012, meeting our cocoa suppliers. They were able to check the conditions in which it grows with their own eyes and were thrilled by the pristine Southamerican jungle where the cocoa tree originates.
Organic certificate & permaculture standards. All of PlanetBIO cocoa products have an organic certificate, confirmed by European union. Even more, they are grown according to permaculture standards. Our farmers follow permaculture because it is the most sustainable way to grow cocoa in long term. Cocoa trees are planted under the shade of bigger trees where they grow best and natural plant compost from banana leaves is used instead of artificial fertilizers. No insecticides or fungicides are used whatsoever.
Intact nutritional value. At PlanetBIO we always try that our products are minimally processed to preserve the most nutritional value. Our cocoa beans are nor roasted, containing the most minerals and nutrients in them. PlanetBIO cocoa nibs are raw, while cocoa powder and cocoa butter are first ground into a paste that reaches around 60°C, making them not raw technically. Anyway, they still contain more nutrients than conventional cocoa products, where cocoa beans have been roasted first.
- Iron - contributes to normal cognitive function, normal function of the immune system, the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, normal oxygen transport in the body, normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin, normal energy-yielding metabolism, has a role in the process of cell division
- Magnesium - contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, normal protein synthesis, the process of cell division and the maintenance of normal bones and teeth, plays a role in electrolyte balance, normal muscle function, functioning of the nervous system, energy-yielding metabolism and normal psychological function
- Zinc - plays a role in the normal function of the immune system, the protection of cells from oxidative stress, the process of cell division, normal protein synthesis, normal cognitive function and normal carbohydrates metabolism, while it also contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, hair, skin and nails
- Rich source of fiber
Is there such a thing as free shipping?
Sure, why not? Here's how it's possible to get your products free of shipping charges.
Do you know the good ol' mantra "Customer is King; we appreciate our customers and would do anything for them" ? Well, it's true for us too, but then again we want the feeling to be mutual. So how can we help each other?
You help us with ordering more than just the minimum order (which is 30 EUR) => to pay the bills, salaries and to grow, offer you more, higher quality, special prices => and we promise to give back to you by not charging the shipping costs.
We're currently shipping to the following countries with the following shipping charges:
- Zone 0 (Slovenia, home country): 5,00 € (well, they are closer...)
- Zone 1 & 2 (Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Croatia): 11,99 €
- Zone 3 (Czech Republic, Slovakia, France, Hungary, Poland, Great Britain, Lithuania): 15,99 €
- Zone 4 (Estonia, Latvia, Romania, Finland, Spain, Sweden): 20,99 €
- Zone 5 (Greece, Ireland, Portugal): 22,99 €
- Zone 6 (Bulgaria): 31,99 €
- Please note: We don't send to Switzerland, Turkey and Norway due to too high costs of transport & customs.
- Unfortunately we don’t offer free shipping for orders from Grand Canary Island and Tenerife.. We are trying our best to find the best solution.
... and we take away that cost if your order:
- Zone 0: over 20,00 €
- Zone 1 & 2: over 60,00 €
- Zone 3: over 80,00 €
- Zone 4 & 5: over 100,00 €
- Zone 6: over 120,00 €
Prices of products vary from as low as 2,49 € and up to 24,99 €, but on average they're around 14€. It's not hard to get total amount up to 100€. You don't have to, but if you do, we take care of the expensive transport.
Now, if you order (Zone 3 for example) for let say 64€, you pay extra 16€ for transporting the goods to your place. Wouldn't you rather top that order with another product of 16+€, and get the whole package without shipping charges? We're basically giving you the products for free and covering the transport fee ourselves, but have the opportunity to grow as a company, since we earn more that way.
How's that for a win-win situation?