First organic certified cocoa from Sierra Leone.
The cocoa sector in Sierra Leone has long been present, and in 2015 the first large-scale association of organic cocoa growers began. Due to ongoing efforts, a database of ecologically certified farmers has been developed, which currently covers more than 33,000 organic cocoa growers. Due to organic certification, these local farmers receive an organic premium for selling cocoa, which is a welcome addition to their income.
Fully traceability of cocoa
Each grower delivers his bags of cocoa beans to a local collection point. Each cocoa bag is marked so that it can be traced to an individual farmer. Cocoa beans are transported from the collection point to the processing plant, where cocoa is processed to the final products. The system for organic monitoring enables us to fully trace our cocoa to the door of our customers.
GOING BEYOND ORGANIC
At PlanetBIO, we always ensure that our products meet not only strict environmental standards, but also the principles of sustainable production and fair trade.
Fairtrade. As part of the long-term commitment for organic cocoa producers in Sierra Leone, they implement a broad development program. First, they help growers to establish cooperatives and obtain the Fairtrade certification. In villages in the cocoa production area, agricultural schools are being set up by good agricultural practices, and service centers will provide cocoa seedlings as well as seeds for food products such as rice.
Preventing child labor and slavery. In Africa, child labor and slavery are a major problem, so PlanetBIO cocoa growers are setting up a major project to address the work of children in the field of cocoa production. In the framework of this project, they carry out field studies on child labor and, on the basis of their findings, establish a system for monitoring and restoring child labor and a comprehensive program to address the root causes of child labor.
Combating deforestation. They are also preparing a project to combat deforestation, which will help to invent farms and encourage reforestation by establishing nurseries and providing seedlings and education for local growers.
- Protein –promote growth and maintenance of muscle mass and healthy bones
- Iron - contributes to normal cognitive function, normal function of the immune system, the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, normal oxygen transport in the body, normal formation of red blood cells and hemoglobin, normal energy-yielding metabolism, has a role in the process of cell division
- Magnesium - contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, normal protein synthesis, the process of cell division and the maintenance of normal bones and teeth, plays a role in electrolyte balance, normal muscle function, functioning of the nervous system, energy-yielding metabolism and normal psychological function
- Zinc - plays a role in the normal function of the immune system, the protection of cells from oxidative stress, the process of cell division, normal protein synthesis, normal cognitive function and normal carbohydrates metabolism, while it also contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, hair, skin and nails
Calcium - contributes to normal blood clotting, normal muscle function, normal neurotransmission, normal function of digestive enzymes, has a role in the process of cell division and specialisation and is needed for the maintenance of normal bonesand teeth.
PlanetBIO cocoa powder can be used to make chocolate beverages, home made chococolates and puddings, ice creams, cookies, cakes, sweet spreads, sauces, toppings and other chocolate goodies. Because it is 100 % cocoa and does not contain any added sugar, PlanetBIO cocoa is slightly bitter and it can be used together with natural sweeteners (such as PlanetBIO coconut sugar). You can also use PlanetBIO cocoa powder in home made body care products.
There is no daily recommended dosage, but we suggest moderate consumption. Cocoa contains naturally occurring stimulants, primarily theobromine and caffeine.
Is there such a thing as free shipping?
Sure, why not? Here's how it's possible to get your products free of shipping charges.
Do you know the good ol' mantra "Customer is King; we appreciate our customers and would do anything for them" ? Well, it's true for us too, but then again we want the feeling to be mutual. So how can we help each other?
You help us with ordering more than just the minimum order (which is 30 EUR) => to pay the bills, salaries and to grow, offer you more, higher quality, special prices => and we promise to give back to you by not charging the shipping costs.
We're currently shipping to the following countries with the following shipping charges:
- Zone 0 (Slovenia, home country): 5,00 € (well, they are closer...)
- Zone 1 & 2 (Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Croatia): 11,99 €
- Zone 3 (Czech Republic, Slovakia, France, Hungary, Poland, Great Britain, Lithuania): 15,99 €
- Zone 4 (Estonia, Latvia, Romania, Finland, Spain, Sweden): 20,99 €
- Zone 5 (Greece, Ireland, Portugal): 22,99 €
- Zone 6 (Bulgaria): 31,99 €
- Please note: We don't send to Switzerland, Turkey and Norway due to too high costs of transport & customs.
- Unfortunately we don’t offer free shipping for orders from Grand Canary Island and Tenerife.. We are trying our best to find the best solution.
... and we take away that cost if your order:
- Zone 0: over 20,00 €
- Zone 1 & 2: over 60,00 €
- Zone 3: over 80,00 €
- Zone 4 & 5: over 100,00 €
- Zone 6: over 120,00 €
Prices of products vary from as low as 2,49 € and up to 24,99 €, but on average they're around 14€. It's not hard to get total amount up to 100€. You don't have to, but if you do, we take care of the expensive transport.
Now, if you order (Zone 3 for example) for let say 64€, you pay extra 16€ for transporting the goods to your place. Wouldn't you rather top that order with another product of 16+€, and get the whole package without shipping charges? We're basically giving you the products for free and covering the transport fee ourselves, but have the opportunity to grow as a company, since we earn more that way.
How's that for a win-win situation?