Yacon (Smallanthus sonchifolius) is a plant native to high Andes. It has been traditionally grown all over South America because of its underground tubers that are crunchy and sweet. The plant uses them to store nutrients and the locals eat them fresh as an apple – this is where its other name »underground apple« comes from. A few years ago, yacon was still relatively unknown outside South America – it was only after 2000 that its popularity started to grow in US and Europe as well. In contrast to many other Andean plants, yacon is not so sensitive and is nowadays succesfully cultivated in other parts of the world too. The plant is in close relationship to our sunflower, which becomes obvious when we see its beautiful yellow flowers.
Yacon tubers are rich in carbohydrates, which makes them pleasantly sweet. Yacon is known all over the world as a delicious natural sweetener, found in many forms. Syrup is the sweetest, as the natural sugars are the most condensed in it and the flavor is altered.
We at PlanetBIO always make sure that our products are not only 100 % organic, but also meet the highest standards of sustainable farming and fair-trade. We have visited the suppliers of PlanetBIO yacon syrup in Peru and made sure with our own eyes that it is produced in an environment-friendly way, with love for the planet and its inhabitants.
PlanetBIO yacon syrup is made from organically grown yacon tubers. Fresh tubers are juiced into a sweet juice, which is later filtrated and concentrated into a thick syrup of light brown colour.
- Carbohydrates – mostly inulin, a water-soluble fiber that is broken down into fructooligosacharides, which do not cause blood sugar spikes and pass through digestion track undigested
- Low glycaemic index – absorption into blood is slow and balanced, so it does not cause major changes in blood sugar levels
Is there such a thing as free shipping?
Sure, why not? Here's how it's possible to get your products free of shipping charges.
Do you know the good ol' mantra "Customer is King; we appreciate our customers and would do anything for them" ? Well, it's true for us too, but then again we want the feeling to be mutual. So how can we help each other?
You help us with ordering more than just the minimum order (which is 30 EUR) => to pay the bills, salaries and to grow, offer you more, higher quality, special prices => and we promise to give back to you by not charging the shipping costs.
We're currently shipping to the following countries with the following shipping charges:
- Zone 0 (Slovenia, home country): 5,00 € (well, they are closer...)
- Zone 1 & 2 (Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Croatia): 11,99 €
- Zone 3 (Czech Republic, Slovakia, France, Hungary, Poland, Great Britain, Lithuania): 15,99 €
- Zone 4 (Estonia, Latvia, Romania, Finland, Spain, Sweden): 20,99 €
- Zone 5 (Greece, Ireland, Portugal): 22,99 €
- Zone 6 (Bulgaria): 31,99 €
- Please note: We don't send to Switzerland, Turkey and Norway due to too high costs of transport & customs.
- Unfortunately we don’t offer free shipping for orders from Grand Canary Island and Tenerife.. We are trying our best to find the best solution.
... and we take away that cost if your order:
- Zone 0: over 20,00 €
- Zone 1 & 2: over 60,00 €
- Zone 3: over 80,00 €
- Zone 4 & 5: over 100,00 €
- Zone 6: over 120,00 €
Prices of products vary from as low as 2,49 € and up to 24,99 €, but on average they're around 14€. It's not hard to get total amount up to 100€. You don't have to, but if you do, we take care of the expensive transport.
Now, if you order (Zone 3 for example) for let say 64€, you pay extra 16€ for transporting the goods to your place. Wouldn't you rather top that order with another product of 16+€, and get the whole package without shipping charges? We're basically giving you the products for free and covering the transport fee ourselves, but have the opportunity to grow as a company, since we earn more that way.
How's that for a win-win situation?